Cosmetic DentistryCosmetic Dentistry
Your teeth say something about you.
Beautiful teeth say the nicest things. They brighten your face with the sparkle of youthfulness, brighten the way others respond to you and add to your confidence. If you are not already blessed with naturally beautiful teeth, there is a simple solution to add this attractive quality to your appearance. Your teeth could be made better looking through the use of veneers.
How do you feel about your smile?
Nine out of ten people feel an attractive smile is an important asset. Yet, the majority of Americans are unhappy with some aspect of their smile. Modern cosmetic dentistry offers many options and we can provide a variety of options to enhance your smile. You will receive the best dentistry available in a nice and friendly atmosphere.
Our dentist in Watertown can provide the authentic and artistic smile that you've always wanted at our state of the art practice. With our training and experience, we know how to design a smile that combines both function and esthetics, so you look and feel wonderful.
Your Cosmetic Dental Treatment Choices are:
- Cosmetic Bonding involves applying a synthetic tooth colored compound to your teeth to build or cosmetically sculpt them into a desirable shape.
- Dental Crowns are permanent custom designed shells that cover the entire tooth to protect a weakened tooth or improve tooth appearance. Porcelain crowns are tinted to match the color of existing teeth.
- Natural color fillings are tinted to match natural teeth and often are used to fill cavities on tooth surfaces or to replace old fillings.
- A Permanent Bridge is a non-removable dental restoration that replaces a missing tooth.
- Dental Implants are used to replace a missing tooth by surgically positioning a metal post under the gum and attaching a custom crown to fill in the space.
- Veneers are tooth colored laminates or shells custom fitted to cover the front surface of your natural teeth to provide better color, texture or shape.
- Teeth Whitening or Bleaching is a process that involves the application of a solution or gel to lighten teeth, giving them a brighter appearance.
I know my smile needs some work, but I'm not sure if I can afford to have cosmetic dental work done.
The cost of cosmetic dental work depends on how much work you want done. Like any cosmetic process, costs will increase with the amount of product or services you desire. A cosmetic dentist can explain various prices and the best procedure for you. Also, some cosmetic dental options are covered by insurance. Cosmetic dental work is probably not as expensive as you think. Investment in cosmetic dentistry is an investment in you. It can lead to an improved dental appearance and help improve self-esteem and overall confidence.
Most of my teeth are bunched too near the front of my mouth. Is there a way to get rid of that crowded look?
With removable orthodontics, cosmetic contouring, and/or bonding and veneering, teeth can be reshaped and polished for long-lasting results: a stronger, less crowded-looking appearance.
My back teeth have a lot of silver and gold. Is there a less obvious way to fill cavities?
New advances in tooth-colored porcelain and composite materials not only allow fillings to go unnoticed, but are stronger and more wear-resistant than silver and gold.
There's a big gap between my two front teeth. Can that be changed?
Yes. Bonded veneers can close gaps and help create the smile you desire. Bonded resins generally require one office visit, while porcelain veneering takes two. Bonded veneers, along with good oral hygiene and a healthy lifestyle, are effective ways to enhance a smile. A cosmetic dentist can explain the various techniques and help determine which is the best suited to your specific needs.
How can I make my discolored teeth whiter?
Tooth whitening, the process for lightening discolored teeth, can be accomplished in the dentist's office or with dentist-supervised, at-home systems. Teeth can be whitened to the desired shade over several dental office visits. At-home systems should be individually fitted by a cosmetic dentist.